Wednesday, May 9, 2007

How Did You Know That

Last night, as I was helping Son with his homework, I ran across an assignment that his class is doing. It appears that the kids are split into groups, and each group is to perform a small skit based on a children's book. I saw the title page of the play, and it said Tikki Tikki Tembo. I immediately blurted out, "Tikki Tikki Tembo No Sa Rembo Chari Bari Ruchi Pip Peri Pembo."

Son was a bit surprised that I a) had ever heard of this, and b) remembered the whole name. This is the kind of thing that gets me in trouble. I remember this sort of thing from my childhood, and yet I must have the rules of Euchre explained to me every time I play it, and I have trouble remembering which team in a given city is the football, basketball, or baseball team.

No comments: