Sunday, May 20, 2007

New Hairstyle

Yesterday, we went to see Spider-Man 3 at the mini-Imax theater near our house. This screen is big for a regular theater, but it's hard to call it an Imax with a straight face. They don't even do the sound test at the beginning of the movie, which detracts a bit from the experience of Imaxishness.

In any case, Spider-Man 3 is not a movie for those with a big thirst and small bladder. It's long for a summer action movie, and it's easy to drink enough that you have to leave during one of the many action scenes. The trick is to pace yourself.

On the way home, Son was being a bit more ADD than usual, and he suddenly cried, "Ow! Ow!"

I was driving, so GPop turned around to see what was the matter. Somehow, Son had managed to get the nosepiece of his glasses caught in his hair. Let me repeat that. It was caught in his hair.

Every day, many questions about my job, my family, my finances, the state of the world, the mysteries of the universe, and what I'm going to have for lunch pass through my mind. Never before have I thought, "How does one get one's glasses stuck in one's hair?" In fact, it may be possible that this is the first time this has ever happened in the history of mankind.

Son was trying hard to get them out. (Yank. "Ow!" Yank. "Ow!") We told him to sit quietly, and when we arrived home in TWO MINUTES, we would get the glasses out of his hair. His HAIR.

So, one minute later, we hit a bumpy part of the road, and the glasses fell out of Son's hair without any loss of structural integrity for either the glasses or the hair. I think I'll submit this to Hints for Heloise.

No comments: