Friday, October 26, 2007

Mala Vista, Part Drei

Well, Knoppix didn't find the laptop's built-in wireless hardware nor the USB 801.11b connector I picked up when my uncle was throwing perfectly good geekware away. However, Ubuntu did just fine. Neither found the Bluetooth mouse, but at least Ubuntu recognized that there was Bluetooth hardware in the laptop. And, I downloaded the Ubuntu version for AMD64 architecture, so I could feel the greater processor usage through my fingertips. Or whatever.

On the plus side for Knoppix, it's a live DVD, and Ubuntu is a live CD, so Ubuntu has less stuff on it. Also a plus in the Knoppix column is the little menu that lets me save configuration to a thumb drive. Ubuntu didn't seem to have that anywhere I could find it. We'll see what happens later.

No comments: