Thursday, November 8, 2007

And Checking It Twice

Last night, Son brought home a homework assignment for his health class that was a food diary. He was supposed to list all of the food he ate during the day and identify whether it was grain, fruit, vegetable, meat, dairy, or the sinister "other" category.

As he was working on the assignment, I kept getting questions like, "Is cereal 'S-E-R-?'"

"No, the cereal that you eat is 'C-E-R-E-A-L.'"

"OK. How do you spell 'biscuit?'"

I told him. He wrote some more stuff down, and then he asked, "Is banana 'B-A-N-A-N-A?'"

"Yes. That reminds me of the joke about the little girl who says she knows how to spell 'banana,' but she doesn't know when to stop."

"Yeah, I've heard that before."

He finished up his assignment, then went over to the counter next to GPop. Son grabbed a banana, peeled it, and started to eat it. GPop asked, "Did talking about bananas make you hungry?"

Son replied, "I had to eat it. It was on my list."

4 comments:

PC Strobe said...

This made me laugh! You are so lucky to have such a precious son!

Mandy said...

Nice logic! Haha!

oceansmiles said...

If I could just give my kids a list and they'd eat accordingly...
!!! Great blog!

GDad said...

Oceansmiles,

Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words. Come again soon.