Friday, January 25, 2008

Helium Housing

I was checking out this blog the other day. The blogger tells us of real estate in a very limited geographical area that is selling short with probably desperate owners. I got concerned about my own stake in real estate, my home, and looked up the zestimate on zillow.com. My house's zalue is up about 15% over what it was in early December. The housing bust must have some kind of weird inverse effect in very localized areas. Maybe it's that my house, which is "more of a cottage than a house," is rising in value, because it's not ridiculously large.

I'd like to see some kind of map that shows a high speed animation of housing values across the country. It would be a map of the USA that started on some date and did rising/falling landscape effect that showed prices in metropolitan areas compared to that original start date. Or maybe it could be a weather map sort of thing with Walter Weatherman providing the day's wrap-up and forecast.

1 comment:

For Sale By Owner said...

I saw a service called Street view on real estate site Fizber - it provides virtual tours along the streets in the location you are going to buy a house. Hope it'll help you.