Sunday, February 17, 2008

Another Recipe

While GPop was out of town, Son and I wanted to make cookies. I'm supposed to keep a sharp eye on my diet, so we made chocolate chip cookies with a couple of substitutions. Find your recipe for such cookies on the back of the chocolate chip bag or a cookbook, and make these changes, which are one unit for one unit.

  • Instead of butter or margarine, use unsweetened applesauce.
  • Instead of white sugar, use Splenda (or your store brand alternate)
  • Instead of brown sugar, use the Splenda brown sugar blend
  • Use self-rising flour instead of all-purpose flour
Everything else remains the same. You'll need to keep an eye on the baking time. I never trust my oven. The cookies end up a little fluffier than usual, but not really cake-like. This allows them to soak up more milk when you dip them. Mmm-mmm good.

No comments: