Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Day of Blindness

When I was in college, I spent a lot of time walking. That should be no surprise to people who went to college in large universities. You'd have back-to-back classes that were a half mile apart, and you'd have to haul @$$ to get from one to another.

Anyway, I enjoyed most of that time walking. The university grounds were attractive, and it was a nice interlude that allowed for some processing and refreshing air. I usually carried a big golf umbrella, so I was rarely caught in weather that made me too uncomfortable.

One day, I was walking along, and I suddenly WENT BLIND in my left eye! I panicked. What the hell could have happened? I was about 20, in good health, and OH MY GOD, I'M BLIND!

I took off my glasses, and I realized that a bird had crapped so that it missed my head and landed on the inside of my glasses lens. What are the odds?

No comments: