Monday, February 4, 2008

Doctor Bane and the Adventure of the Final Problem

I saw my regular doctor today. She advised me that she disagreed with Doctor Bane's medical excuses for refusing to fill out my homestudy renewal medical exam form. She did tell me that her religious beliefs were closer on the spectrum to Doctor Bane's than to mine, but she wouldn't let that interfere with her medical care of me. I'm a bit ambivalent about that, but I need some time to reflect on it.

In any case, she filled out my form, renewed a couple of prescriptions, and sent me on my way. Life is generally good.

I'm now sitting in a car dealership waiting room to await an oil change and routine maintenance. Wi-Fi is wonderful.

5 comments:

Tea N. Crumpet said...

Religious beliefs closer to "Dr" Bane's than to yours-- that could mean anything. I probably live a bit closer to the North Pole than you do, but that doesn't mean I plan on going there. She's a bit more conservative. Do you think if she had a gay son or daughter that she'd disown them? We will never all agree on each other's lives, but we can support and encourage each other.

Good luck on the adoption!

Angry Professor said...

Why did she feel the need to share that?

Sheesh. Is everyone in the midwest constipated?

CrankyProf said...

I'm with AP. It has no place in the discussion. Just as I wouldn't bring my religion in to my classroom, or pop it into conversation uninvited.

GDad said...

I think the "This facility and all who work in it dedicate their work to the greater glory of God" poster in the lobby should have tipped me off.

I usually regard religious discussions like I regard smoking. I don't care if you do it, but not in my house, and ask before lighting up when we're in neutral close quarters. If I'm at your house, I won't complain, because I knew you smoked before I came over.

I now know that my doctor's office is like a bar that allows smoking. I have to expect some fumes.

GDad said...

Oh, and T&C, the doc told me that she believed that homosexuality was "not in line with God's will," but that she "didn't judge me," because "all of us are removed from God in one way or another."

The interesting thing is that from a certain frame of reference, I am completely OK with those statements. However, I don't know if I want to continue to have that relationship.