Wednesday, February 6, 2008

E-mail to Teacher

Ms. McMathTeacher,

Son told me that you had approached him about a cell phone today. I just wanted to reassure you that Son does not now, nor will ever in middle school, have a cell phone. It's only a little stretch into metaphor for me to claim that they are the devil's own invention, and no child of mine will be eligible to have one until at least driving age. Any parent that sends one with their child to middle school without some emergency purpose is... well, how about if I stop editorializing now. :-)

Anyway, if he is disrupting class by making noise, please keep him in line, but you can rest assured that he isn't packing a cell phone.

Cheers!
GDad Lastname

====================

Mr. Lastname,

Firstly let me say that I love your sense of humor. I laughed out loud when I read your message. That aside, I totally agree with your point of view. I see absolutely no reason why any middle school student needs to carry a cell phone on them at all times and my own child will probably hate me when she is in middle school for this very reason. However, I really did not suspect Son of having a phone. I heard electronically produced music like a ring tone of a phone or a hand-held video game coming from the area of the room where Son sits. I asked everyone in the class where it came from and no one spoke up. I overheard some students talking about Son possibly having a video game as they were leaving the room so I approached him in the hallway about it. He told me that he was making noise with his mouth but that he had nothing electronic in class. I believe Son and if this is the case then he has a bright future in sound effects!

Thank you for contacting me and following through with Son.

Mrs. McMathTeacher

1 comment:

Jen said...

Way too funny. Great teacher!