Saturday, February 16, 2008

Recycling

GPop went out of state on a business trip earlier this week. When we had the two snow days this week, I ended up making lunch for us. I made an easy and cheap hot lunch. I'd just like to share for those of you who like to cook on the cheap.

=====
Chicken and Rice Nahrung von Gestern
1 container of white rice left over from last night's Chinese take-out
1 chicken breast cooked on the old George Foreman grill
2 cans of chicken broth
2 stalks of celery
Dash of garlic powder
Dash of black pepper

Chop celery. Chop chicken breast. Dump everything into a pot. Heat. Eat.
====

If I were making it again, I'd add a chopped onion, and maybe some mushrooms, but Son likes neither, and I wasn't in the mood to argue.

It made about five servings, I think. Leaving it overnight in the fridge makes it more stewey and less soupy.

3 comments:

Shay said...

Komisch...war es lecker?

GDad said...

Sorry - four years of German in high school, and most of what I can say is introducing myself and demanding chocolate ice cream.

Four quarters of college Spanish, and I can introduce myself and ask where the bathroom is.

I'm not sure if I'd have more fun in Germany or in Mexico.

Jen said...

Donde esta el bano? Cervesa, por favor? Can't spell it but I can ask for a beer.