Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Divine Spellchecker

I was at this Taco Bell a while back, and a young man took my order. This was one of those young men who tries to look tough, but the wear and tear on his body will make him look old by the time he's 30. He had a brand new tattoo on his forearm. You could tell it was new, because the area was shaved. It was supposed to say, "ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME." Unfortunately, the tattoo artist wasn't paying attention, and wrote, "ONLY GOD CAN JUDE ME."

The "good" news was that each word was on its own line, so the tattoo artist tried to fix the problem by changing the E in JUDE into a G, then drawing another E. It ended up looking sort of like what it was intended to be, but more like "ONLY GOD CAN JUDEE ME." Words for the ages. At least that guy's ages.

11 comments:

Mustang Bobby said...

To quote the immortal Charles Emerson Winchester III, tattoos are the common man's way of investing in art.

M&M said...

Only God can Judee me? Hmmmm... Maybe that was his way of saying how much he liked Judy Garland? (g) "Somewhere OVER the RAINbow!"

GirlyWarrior said...

Oh my Holy Hell that cracks me up! Rock Star.

Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janet said...

Sorry, deleted that last comment when my internal spelling Nazi spotted an error.

I wonder what God's verdict was?

I once met a man who'd done his own tat on his forehead using a mirror. It was supposed to say 'SKINS' (an abbreviation of skinheads). Sadly it appeared to the reader as 'SNIKS'.

sandwiched said...

See what you get when you hit the cheapest tattoo shop in town? Now he has to live with it! Sad...but funny.

Jen said...

He should have left it as it was. According to Stumble upon Jude is a verb meaning to wander aimlessly. Sounds like he's halfway there and only god can make him...
http://www.stumbleupon.com/url/www.etymonline.com/

Angry Professor said...

GDad, you really must stop going to Taco Bell. It's all hooves and lips in there, and I'm not just talking about the food.

Faith said...

Gave me a smile!!! Artist needs to keep a computer with spell check beside him. Kid needs to find a more rep. artist.

Boy, are you observant.

GDad said...

sandwiched,
Welcome!

AP,
This Taco Bell is my last refuge of laziness for supper. I've eaten their food probably twice in ten years, but Son loves it. At $0.89/taco, dinner for Son is under two bucks.

Dave said...

I think he should've done what most angry youths do when a tat slip-up happens and get a big friggin' panther over the whole thing.