Thursday, April 17, 2008

Neophilic Luddism

I like my bicycle. I've always liked my bicycles. I've been riding sans training wheels since I was probably 5 years old.

Son and I took a bicycle ride last night. There's a big box store opening about a two-mile ride from our home, and we wanted to see if it had opened yet. It hadn't, but the sign said that it would be open on April 30.

I've gotten so used to driving my hybrid that I actually got a bit upset that my bicycle's brakes just dissipated the braking energy as heat instead of recapturing it to use for acceleration later. Then I realized that I was being silly.

2 comments:

Hoji said...

I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride my bike
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride it where I like

GDad said...

I go out to work on Monday morning
Tuesday I go off to honeymoon
I'll be back again before it's time for sunnydown
I'll be lazing on a Sunday afternoon
Bicycling on every Wednesday evening
Thursday I go waltzing to the Zoo
I come from London town
I'm just an ordinary guy
Fridays I go painting in the Louvre
I'm bound to be proposing on a Saturday night
There he goes again
I'll be lazing on a Sunday lazing on a Sunday
Lazing on a Sunday afternoon