Thursday, May 29, 2008

Another Reason I Am Proud of My Son

Son is 13. He recently asked me to set up a second savings account for him so that he could save up money for a car. I told him that he should put at least 20% of his allowance and gift money into the double-secret account so that it would grow pretty steadily.

Over the weekend, he told me that he'd rather put that percentage up to 50%. And, after considering his options, he's going to defer buying another video game system (the PS3) until he can save up for it under this new financial plan.

3 comments:

Queers United said...

sounds like a savvy investor to me.

Bill said...

How very responsible. Smart, too, because those Maybachs are very pricey.

GDad said...

I wish I could pull off looking like I could afford a Maybach. From what I gather, they put together a customized, hard-bound sales proposal that could double as a coffee table book.

Of course, any such book at our house would have circular stains on it from cereal bowls.