Friday, May 30, 2008

Department of Hair

I woke up this morning out of a dream where I was at the DMV (or BMV, if your state so decrees), doing what people at such a facility do - standing in line. A man wearing a lemon-yellow top coat and a woman wearing a scarlet top coat both cut in line a bit ahead of me. I was having none of that, so I confronted them.

The man wouldn't turn to look at me and instead gave me some stupid, selfish explanation about how if the line wasn't going to move fast enough, he was well within his rights to...

"B*lls**t!" I yelled, and grabbed his shoulder to turn him to face me. His face wasn't there. Instead, his head was configured kind of like Cousin Itt from The Addams Family.

Any early 20th century psychiatrists who would like first crack at this?

1 comment:

Bill said...

The man's coat, being the color of fruit from a citrus-producing state, represents your desire to retire and your conflicting feelings about the subject. The Cousin It likeness is your fear that your personal grooming habits will deteriorate as you grow older.
The woman is the red coat doesn't mean anything. She's just a bitch who cut in line, is trying to get away with it, and should be lashed.
DMV represents Kafka's The Castle.

I hope that clears things up.