Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Marketing Gone Horribly Wrong

On days when the departmental administrative assistant is out, some of us managers deliver the mail. It's usually just whoever walks past it first.

The testing manager handed me a small box a moment ago. It would be about the size you'd use to individually box a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on that wide Italian bread.. He said, "Special delivery!" I shook the box, but I couldn't tell what was in it.

The box was taped closed with one of those big, clear circles of adhesive plastic. I didn't see my scissors where they normally were, so I used the alligator clip part of a name badge holder. First mistake. I sliced a small cut in my finger.


I thought for a moment about whether to open the box. The image of Pandora floated through my mind, but I decided to go ahead and see what was inside.

It was a postcard. This company, Exagrid Systems, Inc. (I won't link to them.), sent me a postcard in a box. I hope their marketing demons get banished back to Bolgia 10 in the eighth circle.

No comments: