Monday, May 19, 2008

With a Cherry on Top

Ah-ah-ah-ah!

I'd like to be a dancer a-dancing on my toes.
I'd like to be a fireman; I'd squirt you with my hose.
And I would be a sailor; I'd sail the seven seas.
But there is one thing special which everyone agrees.

Oh, everyone likes ice cream! Yes, indeed they do.
Everyone likes ice cream! I do. Do you?
Search the whole world over, travel near and far,
But everyone likes ice cream, no matter who they are.

I'd like to have a kitten, all cuddly, soft, and clean.
I'd like to have a dragon, all big and tough and mean!
And I would have a little mouse; I'd feed him lots of cheese.
But there is one thing special which everyone agrees.

Oh, everyone likes ice cream! Yes, indeed they do.
Everyone likes ice cream! I do. Do you?
Search the whole world over, travel near and far,
But everyone likes ice cream, no matter who they are.

-"Everyone Likes Ice Cream" from the Bert and Ernie Sing-a-long tape.

5 comments:

M&M said...

No chocolate sauce? (arch eyebrow, SNIFF)

Well I SUPPOSE..

Faith said...

Hot Fudge?...

I take it you might have listened to this song a few times?

Sid Schwab said...

Irv Robbins, of Baskin-Robbins, died the other day in his 90s. His wife and my mom were friends growing up, and college roommates. They gave us a nice wedding gift, and on one occasion when we were visiting I got to sample an impending new flavor: orange-chocolate sherbet. I liked it.

If it weren't for ice cream I'd have a lot less issues with staying in shape.

Bill said...

Noted.

GDad said...

That album has some of the best songs on it. It's been out of print for probably 30 years, I imagine.