Saturday, June 28, 2008

Quality Control

You remember my desk thermometer? When I was shopping for it, I had wanted to purchase one of the type that has a circular face with a needle indicator rather than the liquid kind. However, when I looked at the display, I saw that there was about a five degree swing in the temperature those thermometers measured. The kicker is that the brand name is "ACU-RITE", which seems to be a sort of portmanteau of "accurate" and "right." Sweet, delicious irony....

3 comments:

Bill said...

This sorta kinda reminds me of United Express. You know when an airline tacks an appendage to their name, you're going to be flying in a coffin with wings, and you'd be better off boarding a craft that says Greyhound.

GDad said...

I once stayed in a Ramada Inn Limited. The "limited" meant limited quality, limited services, and limited cleanliness.

Bill said...

They really should just call them Ramada the Lesser or Ramada-Mart.