Thursday, July 24, 2008

Exponents

There is a road on my way home that has a little gravel patch next to it that a lot of cars use to turn around. I'm not sure if that's the reason it's there, but that's what happens.

A few days ago, I saw a pigeon standing in that gravel patch. This is kind of unusual, because pigeons aren't especially common near this area for some reason. I thought back to the days when my dad build us kids an aviary to keep pigeons, pheasants, and chukars. We didn't like them too much.

Anyway, the next day, I saw two pigeons. Pretty interesting. The first one must have found a friend.

The third day, I saw four pigeons. I'm afraid to go down that road now, because I fear this trend will continue.

7 comments:

CrankyProf said...

Rats with wings, they are. Philly is covered with them, and they're nasty.

Jen said...

Where's Tipi?

GDad said...

Jen,

You lost me. Tipi, as in the tent sometimes spelled teepee?

Mel Keegan said...

Did you know that down here at some of the fresh food markets you can buy plucked and cleaned pigeons? Some folks must think they taste good.

GDad said...

Yeah, MK, and some folks like sardines, so what can you do?

Bill said...

Well, for heaven's sake, don't try to quietly lead the schoolchildren indoors. Screw the kids, and run like hell for shelter.
You don't want to end up like Suzanne Pleshette.

GDad said...

Weirdly, some smaller birds are swooping around the roof of the building where I work. My desk is on the top floor, so I see them flying around all day for the past two weeks.

If I got scared by looking at the ground out of the seventh story window, then I could combine two Hitchcock movies.