Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hilarity Ensued

GPop and I decided that Son needed to be weaned a little more from some of our caretaking. We've been adding things to his responsibilities as he gets older, but we decided last night that Son should share in the nightly reading.

He took the book we've just recently started, and began where we'd left off the night before. About two minutes into it, he grimaced and let loose with a two to three second gas leak. He thought this was the funniest thing he'd heard or done in ages, so he started laughing until he was weak, and tears were running down his face.

After a couple of minutes, he regained some semblance of control. I looked at him very seriously, and said, "Mungus." This time, he dropped the book, and his sides started to hurt. Then he told me that he couldn't breathe due to laughing too much.

Lather, rinse, repeat until the mungus lost its power.

2 comments:

Bill said...

I just never know what to expect when I open up your blog.

GDad said...

Bill,

I hope that's a good thing.

I never know what to expect when I get up each morning, so I'm right there with you.