Tuesday, August 12, 2008

And Put it in Your Pocket

I heard that the Perseids would be especially visible last night/this morning, so I told Son that if I got up early enough, I'd get him up to go view them. He sounded very interested. When I got up at 5:20 (sunrise = 6:41) this morning, I tried to get Son out of bed, but he wasn't having any of that.

I went outside to see what I could see, but I got a big load of nothing. There was a little haze to the west, but the east was clear. Orion was in the sky. For some reason, Orion makes me smile. Maybe it's his canine sidekick.

3 comments:

Angry Professor said...

I was going to get up early too. I, like Son, decided not to have any of it.

Mel Keegan said...

Down here Orion is upside down. And you can guess what the upturned sword looks like :)

The moon's upside down too. And the sun rises from the right. And the toilets flush the other way!

GDad said...

MK,

And your national anthem is "Tie Me Kangaroo Down."

And there are statues of Paul Hogan in every town square.

I can't imagine that we're the only two people to giggle at Orion's sword.