Monday, August 11, 2008

Interesting Observation

Our state's department of corrections and rehabilitation has an offender search online. If I'm missing my COPS fix, I'll sometimes go there to search for people who have similar names to people I know. Several years ago, I would search the site for potential boyfriends for a woman who bemoaned her single status. We'd joke that the burglars would make good providers and such.

Anyway, I'm noticing that a lot of these people have facial hair. The percentage is a great deal higher than the percentage of people with facial hair in the building where I work. Even if I correct for the gender disparity, I still see more scruff on the pictures of the incarcerated.

3 comments:

Jen said...

If I was in jail I don't think I'd bother to shave if I had facial hair. Maybe they get really dull razors or they don't get them but once a week or something.

Oh, You don't need to worry about trying to set me up thank you.

Mel Keegan said...

I'm with Jen: why bother?

M&M said...

On the other hand, it just may be too difficult to find time in their busy schedule to shave.