Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's a Pity Party, and You're Invited!

So I've had a mild headache for a couple of days. No, I haven't taken anything for it.

Last night, at 1:58am, some jack@$$ kid called our house. GPop answered. I heard this half of the conversation. "Hello? Who is this? It's 2:00! [click]."

A moment later, the phone rang again. GPop reported that the kid was yelling, "Don't hang up on me, bi+¢#! #$*&(*&#@@#*&(!" GPop hung up, then got up to go to the bathroom. He took the phone with him.

It rang again, and GPop answered and just started mashing the number pad with his hand. The kid didn't call back.

After we got up at the regular time, I did the key combination to do a call back for the last number that called our phone. "Doo doo DOO! The number you are trying to call back is PRIVATE."

I looked a bit further back in the phone book, and I found that there was another key combination that would trace the call and keep the trace on file for law enforcement to look into. I did that. The phone told me that there would be a charge for this service, which I intend to recoup from the caller.

At times like these, my faith in the goodness of humanity takes a little dip.

2 comments:

gay CME guy said...

Oh, yes, there's a whole division within the phone company(ies) called, "Nusiance Call Division". I had the experience of working with them when a sociopathic ex started calling me at all hours of the night in a similar fashion--of course blocking his phone. I ended up having to get a police trap put on my phone, (at my expense of course). Valentine's Day 2000 was spent filing a police report (which you have to do before you can file with the phone company) and then getting the phone trap put on by the phone company. It's just one more reason I loathe Feb 14.

crankylitprof said...

Oh, please tell me it wasn't one of Son's friends, who needs a lesson in manners.