Monday, October 13, 2008

Title Contest

"Papa Ate a Rolling Stone"

We were looking at Jupiter.

Zeus (the Greek name for Jupiter) was the son of Cronus/Kronos and Rhea. Cronus feared that one of his children would overthrow him as he had overthrown his own father. To try to prevent that, he ate all of his children when they were born. Rhea didn't like this, so when Zeus was born, Rhea wrapped a stone in swaddling clothes and gave the stone to Cronus. Cronus ate the stone, which allowed Zeus to grow up in secret and eventually overthrow Cronus.

A little pop culture reference combined with classical mythology. Enjoy.

8 comments:

Bill said...

Which part is the classical mythology?

GDad said...

The purple part.

gay CME guy said...

As one who is mythologically challenged, I appreciate the brief lesson.
Your reply to Bill about 'the purple part', made it all the better!

Bill said...

Today a friend came by my office so we could go to lunch (Su Casa, which serves cheap but good Mexican food [which is sometimes combined with Greek ingredients {yes, I know}]). On the way, we passed a place named Mr. Submarine, and I started singing "Hey, Mr. Submarine Man...make a little sub for me."
My friend turned to me & said "Is that how that song went?"
"Yes," I assured him.

GDad said...

For years, I was convinced that George Michael was singing, "I will be your Butterfinger, put your tiny hand in mine. I will be your creature feature, anything you had in mind."

GDad said...

Oh, and Bill... Your nested ([{parentheses}]) are works of art.

QueerCincinnati.com said...

You are clever.

GDad said...

Clever? It's more likely that something got knocked loose in the ol' brain bucket. Fortunately, I have Cranial Hyperossification!