Friday, October 10, 2008

Why, Yes, I WAS an English Major

The other day, GPop scored a cool gift for Son. He managed to get a copy of the new Christopher Paolini novel Brisingr. That's not all that exciting, since anyone with $30 or a library card can probably get a copy. The interesting thing is that GPop has some contacts in the book retailing business, and can sometimes get autographed copies of books.

GPop presented the book to Son. "I couldn't get the book itself autographed, but I did get this autographed sticker insert than you can place in the book later. You may not want to do it now."

I was in the other room. I chimed in, "Why don't you keep that sticker as a separate piece? [pause] Heh. Heh heh. John Knowles. Ha ha ha ha ha!"

GPop asked, "What's so funny?"

"Oh, nothing."

No comments: