Thursday, December 25, 2008

Favorite Carol

This carol almost always gets me a little misty-eyed. Whether or not you celebrate a religious holiday at this time of year, have a safe, warm, and happy time with the people that are most dear to you.

Through the years, we all will be together, if the Fates allow...

If I send Clothos, Lachesis, and Atropos a little basket of cookies, will they allow us to be together? I can only hope.



Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Let your heart be light
From now on,
our troubles will be out of sight

Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Make the Yule-tide gay,
From now on,
our troubles will be miles away.

Here we are as in olden days,
Happy golden days of yore.
Faithful friends who are dear to us
Gather near to us once more.

Through the years
We all will be together,
If the Fates allow
Hang a shining star upon the highest bough.
And have yourself A merry little Christmas now.

6 comments:

Shay said...

I used to sing this at Christmas when I was on active duty. It would bring tears to the eyes faster than any other song I know.

(or maybe it was a comment on my singing?)

Merry Christmas, mein Freund!

Angry Professor said...

Me, too.

Jen said...

Merry Christmas

crankylitprof said...

Hugs to you and yours, GDad.

M&M said...

Merry Christmas to your entire family Gdad....

Bill said...

I always like the scene where Tootie goes on her snowman-murder-spree in the yard.
A film-buff friend told me that Vincente Minnelli fueled Margaret O'Brien's rampage right before filming by telling her that her pet had been killed.