Thursday, January 8, 2009

Book Recommendation

A while back, I was able to get a signed copy of Cutting Remarks, by Dr. Sid Schwab. Thanks, Doc.

I read some of it and then got seriously sidetracked. I'm pleased to report that the book is a fun read that mixes some historical perspective of medicine in the Vietnam and post-Vietnam era with interesting medical stories and supporting cast. Dr. Schwab's writing is similar in presentation to the famous James Herriot books, except in San Francisco rather than Yorkshire, and with people instead of animals.

For extra bonus points, click through to amazon.com from your favorite charity or nonprofit web site when you buy the book. (Examples: here, here, and here)

1 comment:

Sid Schwab said...

My technorati page had been absent for some time, so I didn't see this link until now. Thanks for the nice words. I also should mention that my comment moderation on my own blog is a little weird, and I found a comment of yours that I posted only after it had been sitting there for a while. I wondered if you thought I'd disallowed it.

Anyhow, thanks again. If I sell another book, it'll put financial ruin 25 cents further away.