Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Agony and the Ecstacy, but in the Opposite Order

We have a monthly department manager meeting that lasts from 12:30 to 5:00. In theory. Really, it gets canceled about one out of three times, and it usually runs later than that. Yesterday was the day.

At around 10:30, we received a notice that the meeting was canceled. I actually saw several managers do a happy dance, myself included in that number.

Then we received a notice that we were to have a 1:00 to 5:00 meeting. With the same people. In the same room. Covering similar topics.

It's like that Steven Wright joke: "Last night somebody broke into my apartment and replaced everything with exact duplicates... When I pointed it out to my roommate, he said, 'Do I know you?"

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

UNCANNY!!!

Bill said...

I don't miss those marathon corporate meetings one bit.
I'm glad you made it out awake.

Dave said...

Steven Wright was (is?) brilliant!