Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dream Taxonomy

Is there a term for a dream where you face a minor inconvenience, which defies easy resolution, so you're irritated by this, then you become aware that it's a dream, and you're irritated that your mind set you up with this inconvenience, and then you become irritated that perhaps you are dreaming about something that may happen when you wake up, so that when you do wake up, you're irked that your dream set you up for grumpiness?

Because I had that this morning.

5 comments:

M&M said...

Well I've heard of lucid dreaming (and done it myself on occasion). But lucid dreaming pre-cognition? Never heard of it before. Will have to google it. Edgar Cayce comes to mind!

Guinea Pig said...

You are describing my life. Just this morning I had to wake up all stressed because my kid needed to be rushed to the ER but I had to get everyone dressed (my kids stay mostly naked most the time) before we could leave. What a stupid reason to be stressed. BUT! We are dressed to the shoes today!

Bill said...

Edgar Cayce may be a good tip. The Foundation is in Virginia Beach (at the north end, where the beaches are nicest).

Or perhaps it's just a plain old self-fulfilling prophecy.

=Tamar said...

Lucid dreaming in which you suspect you may be having a precognitive dream and are annoyed about it. I'd call it a special case of a lucid dream.

GDad said...

As it turns out, the incident in the dream didn't happen in real life, so all that irritation was for naught.