Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Altus Schola

Son starts ninth grade today. We had a good chat last night. He is worried about, in no particular order...

  • What if I doesn't know anyone with whom to sit at lunch?
  • What if one of my teachers is really mean?
  • What if I'm late to class? I mean, like 10 minutes late?
  • What if someone tries to get in a fight with me?
Serious concerns, indeed. I recall similar concerns when I was going into high school.

He has his lunch. He has his clothes. At the end of the day, he will always have his family. We can get past issues with the school.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Who to sit with for lunch. That is why children join posses so they always have someone to sit with. My kids start after labor day and daughter is already worried about the lunch table. Son could care less but he has about ten friends who will not leave his side. I hope he has a great day.

GDad said...

Thanks. I'm sure it will by MUCH less traumatic than he fears.

On a related note, he believed that a recent rash was the result of scabies or bot fly infestations, and when he stubbed his toe the other night, he was certain that it was broken in three places. I'm working on fixing that hypochondria.