Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Opposite of Henry VI, Part 2

Earlier this year, I got a letter from the IRS questioning my taxes from 2007. Once I got up off the floor, I spent a couple of days wringing my hands and quoting my favorite bear, Winnie-the-Pooh. "Oh dear."

Eventually, I managed to contact a lawyer who was covered by my prepaid legal services plan. His office manager arranged for an appointment, and he took care of me with panache and flair. And not the kind of "flair" from Office Space, either. He even did much of the work from his hospital bed while recovering from surgery to remove a tumor.

When everything was taken care of, I sent this.


GDad Lastname
123 Country Road
Small Town, MW 65432

August 19, 2009

J. D. Lawyerman
Attorney
7654 Oak Lakes Blvd
Next Town Over, MW 65421

Dear Mr. Lawyerman,:

Thank you for your excellent work on my recent IRS audit issue. The IRS sent me a letter indicating that the matter was closed to their satisfaction. As far as I am concerned, the matter is also closed to my satisfaction. I am duly impressed that you were able to do all this while experiencing all of the wonders of modern medical care, too. You are my new favorite lawyer, and in that list of potential favorites, I include that hilarious guy, Ron Kuby, from The Smoking Gun Presents: The World’s Dumbest [Whatever], and my partner’s brother-in-law.


Warmly,


GDad Lastname

No comments: