Friday, September 25, 2009

Foto Phriday - Office Edition

Here we have a diagram I found on a white board. I hope it's not, yet fear it is, our planned goal state. In case you can't read the picture, I'll describe and transcribe it after the picture.



The picture is a triangle that looks sort of like the old food pyramid. There are words inside each level and some other words in red outside. Outside words will be in parentheses below.

Level 1 (bottom): Absence of Trust (Invulnerability)
Level 2: Fear of Conflict (Artificial Harmony)
Level 3: Lack of Commitment (Ambiguity)
Level 4: Avoidance of Accountability (Low Standards)
Level 5 (top): Inattention to RESULTS (Status/Ego)

7 comments:

M&M said...

It sounds like Sauron's version of Mazlow's Hierarchy of Needs.

GDad said...

Sauron and Mazlow
Sittin' in a tree...

And, for the record, the words on the board are NOT in my handwriting.

Guinea Pig said...

Gee I don't miss corporate life at all. Well except that damn paycheck.

Angry Professor said...

Wow, I just can't make sense of this. All those things sound bad, and yet they put them in a pyramid, which implies some sort of stable structure... Where does the fixing come in?

I don't think I could make it in the "real" world.

GDad said...

I *think* this was either a current-state diagram or a let's-not-go-there diagram. However, its lack of context made it especially delectable.

Dave said...

I'm trying to figure out if this is real or a joke - did you run in an empty conference room and make this up?

Or ... maybe you work at Despair.

GDad said...

Dave, I have drawn things on whiteboards in empty rooms before, like "DO NOT ERASE" on an empty board, or an org chart that puts some controversial names in positions of new authority, but this is not my handiwork.