Saturday, November 14, 2009

Movie Night

Son went to a friend's house last night. Since GPop and I haven't been out to see a grown-up movie for a while, we decided to see The Men Who Stare at Goats.

Many years ago, we went to see a movie, the title of which escapes me, but which was out at the same time as The World Is Not Enough. When I was waiting for GPop to arrive at the theater that day, I was listening to the people in line order their tickets. I tried to predict what a give person or group wanted to see. I ended up not being very good at that kind of prediction, though.

My favorite part of that waiting, though, was when I observed a person step up to the ticket box office, clear his throat, and say, "Two tickets for The World Will Do." I had to bite my tongue to keep from chuckling. GPop appreciated the humor when I told him about it.

Last night, there were a lot of people at the theater. When we got to the box office, the kid behind the counter looked a bit harried. GPop cleared his throat and said, "Ah'd lahk two tickets fer The Goat Watchers."

The funny thing is that the kid has probably heard titles mutilated more than that. Recently.

No comments: