Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Nobody Got It

Several of us were talking about project estimating yesterday. I drew a diagram on the whiteboard that represented project range estimates, then we discussed how an estimate range could incorrectly drive the decision to go forward with project development.

One of the meeting participants said, "There's one little word that seems to be very important in our recent discussions." He took a marker and wrote next to my diagram, "ROI."

I said, "Yes, that is very important." I took my marker and wrote, "is king," next to "ROI."

Nobody got it.

3 comments:

Bill said...

Was it Rob Roi who wrote it?

pixnlil said...

I also don't get it, but I enjoy that ROI is now a word. Not an acronym for three words - just "one little word". Nice.

GDad said...

Click on the Nobody got it link in the last line.