Thursday, April 15, 2010

Gift of the Geek-gi

Mandy and Mr. Mandy are due to have a baby in a couple of weeks. Their theme for the nursery is "non-scary monsters."

When I was discussing gift ideas with Baldo McNerdy, we were talking about nerdly gifts to give to the child of our gaming buddies. Baldo mentioned something about "Baby's first character sheet." I thought that was genius. Knowing that Baldo is more of an idea guy than an implementor, I decided to make that happen.

I put this graphic on a custom onesie.

5 comments:

pixnlil said...

I can't wait to put baby in it! Now the kiddo will have the perfect outfit to wear when we take it to Origins for an afternoon this year. =)

GPop said...

Just don`t use the baby as a game piece! (Giant baby takes out Ork squad!) - Actually that sounds like a fun idea! Just don`t boch your baby`s roll!!

wonder_aloud said...

Hey, we get all our nieces/nephews/children of friends a stuffed cthulhu. Nothing like a cuddly Elder God as baby's lovey.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=stuffed+cthulhu&cid=7839280994520086137&ei=RnvHS5WqF9HplgebkrHsBA&sa=title&ved=0CAcQ8wIwADgA#p

Jen said...

Aww, that's so cute, in a really geeky way of course.

GDad said...

The plushie Cthulhu guarded my old car pre-2007, when I got my new car. It is guarded by things best left unnamed.