Thursday, May 13, 2010

Crazy on the Road

This morning, on the way to work, I was driving, cruise controlled, at the speed limit, in the center lane of three. There was traffic on and off the freeway in the right lane. The fast people were in the left lane. In the right lane, a minivan matched my speed about a car length and a half ahead beside me.

Suddenly, a woman in a Corolla sped up behind the van in the right lane. She looked to see if she could zip between the van and me to get into my lane. The van slowed just a bit so there was less than a car length between us. It wasn't really possible for her to zip into my lane. She went up to within two feet of the van, then zoomed around him ON THE SHOULDER.

Had she slowed down for a second, she could have gotten behind me, then into the left lane. I watched her for a moment to see if she was exiting at the next exit, but she zoomed right past it. Amazing.

2 comments:

Mustang Bobby said...

So, when did you move to Miami and start commuting on I-95?

Bill said...

She probably had to pee.