Sunday, August 15, 2010

Hell

GPop is taking Son clothes shopping for school right now. I love my son, but shopping for clothes with him could possibly lead me to violence.

Laughing, singing, dancing, grinning, morons!
And while we're on the subject!
Kids! They are just impossible to control!
Kids! With their awful clothes and their rock an' roll!

The new thing is these skinny jeans. I suppose they look OK on skeletal androgynes, but my son has a little bit of substance, and he's trying to wear them. While not precisely the sagging look, his underpants do ride up past the belt line of these pants. Also, he claims that ONLY these skinny jeans can be worn with his new school shoes, because the shoes are meant to be worn in such a way that the jeans get tucked into the shoes.

I'm going to have another ulcer before this is all over. I can already feel the bile rising.

3 comments:

M&M said...

It just CLOTHES. Do what my siblings did with their teenagers: let them dress (largely) how they want, take LOTS of pictures of them in their ridiculous clothes; wait for fashions to change (him to grow up) and GLOAT over how he used to dress when he brings a significant other home.

GDad said...

From another Broadway musical...

I'm calm, I'm calm, I'm perfectly calm!
I'm utterly under control!
I haven't a worry, when others would hurry,
I stroll.

Bill said...

Sage advice from M&M.

Lots & lots & lots of pictures.
Think of all the fun you'll have later.