Monday, August 16, 2010

Two Dreams

I woke up with a pounding headache around 4:00 this morning. It dissipated for a while, but it's back now. Sometime, on one side or another of the 4:00 awakening, I had two dreams.

In the first one, my grandboss was holding court on a raised dais. He was telling the masses the details about how his grandboss had just retired. As he made eye contact with me, he stopped and muttered, "I don't know why I'm talking to you. You don't care; you're not a caring person." I started to respond, but decided that it was ultimately futile.

In the other dream, an old woman had recruited me into an organization that was fighting on the side of the light against some evil shadow organization. We met up at night at a small roadside fruit stand that is down the road from my dad's house. After a few moments of planning, the Phoenix, the leader of the evil orgranization, called the old woman's cell phone. He said that he would be arriving in a few seconds to destroy her. She ran out of the fruit stand just as his car arrived, and he drove after her as she ran down a dirt road. I escaped the other way and had a crisis of conscience about abandoning her.

I still have a headache.

1 comment:

Bill said...

You didn't help the old lady?!?
Your grandboss may be right about you. What a ne'er-do-well.