Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Halfway

I had a dream the other night where I was part of a team with a goal of sending a nuclear-powered and nuclear-armed submarine back in time to help out the Union cause in the American Civil War. For some reason, we couldn't get all the way back from 2011 to the 1860s, so we had to meet our contacts in the 1930s.

At one point, I was trying to explain how the submarine worked to our 1930s contact, so that he could get the information back to the 1860s. The conversation wasn't going too well, so I left the room. A woman who was affiliated with a rival time-travel faction saw me and started pursuing me through long dark corridors and empty rooms. She may have also had a cover identity of an organized crime boss's girlfriend.

It was very film noir, and I hope the setting comes back for a reprise.

1 comment:

Bill said...

I'll bet the woman was a spy for Matthew Fontaine Maury and the Confederate Navy.