Thursday, January 13, 2011

Not Necessary

My dad is really into guns and knives and such. When I was growing up, I shared a little of that. I own a couple of pocket knives, and we always know that a good gift for Dad is a knife. I have a really nice knife sharpener that lets me keep a fine edge on all of the cutlery in my home.

I was thinking today about where those knives are. I put one in my basket o' cr@p where I keep my keys, gift cards, and other miscellanea in aggregate. I haven't touched the pocket knives in probably two years. Then I realized that I don't carry one around. Then I realized that I when I was young, the conventional wisdom was that you should carry one around, because you never know when you might need one. I haven't needed one in quite some time, I guess.

No comments: