Wednesday, August 10, 2011

E-Mail Exchange with Brother 1

Setup: Brother 1 is an Eagle Scout.

Me:

The kid I mentor through Big Brothers Big Sisters and Capital City Public Schools just got all the approvals for his Eagle Scout honor. I'd like to give him a card and gift. In your experience, is there something that would be appropriate for the situation? If you say "pocket knife or pistol," I will have to go with Plan B, given that this is a program through the schools.

Oh, and I saw an episode of QI while in London.

Brother 1:
A genuine stuffed bald eagle is the appropriate gift.

This site cracks me up: http://www.thebricktestament.com/the_law/index.html#why_to_keep_the_law.

LEGO people are cute.

Seriously, though, I have no idea what an appropriate Eagle Scount gift would be. If you earned the rank of Eagle Scout, presumably you already have a pocket knife and a backpack and all other necessary scout-related paraphernalia. How about some baklava? I love baklava.

No comments: