Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Crazy Prepared

On July 7, 2007, we went to Fuddrucker's.

So what?

During the dinner, Eggbert Terwilliger, who enjoys telling a good tale, remarked that he had read about people in Far East Asia who saw the 7/7/7 date as especially auspicious, so there were many weddings and other embarkations of life's journeys on that day in China and Japan.

Flash forward three or four years.

We were out eating dinner at a local restaurant, and Eggbert remarked on a recent date with a noteworthy representation, such as 10/10/10 or something.  He remarked again about the things he had read about 7/7/7.

I asked, "Do you know what you were doing on July 7, 2007?"

"No, not really."

While he had been speaking, I had reached into my wallet where I had folded up and saved the receipt from that day, knowing full well that he would revisit this story sometime down the road.  "Well, at about 7:00pm, we were finishing dinner at Fuddrucker's.  Our server's name was Justin.  I ate the Bleh Burger, and Son had a Whatever Burger."

"How. On. Earth. Did. You. Know. That?"

"I'm prepared."

No comments: