Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Mid Life Crisis Man

I park on the seventh floor of one of our parking garages.  Since I get to the office around 6:20am most mornings, I get a pretty good spot, along with several other early birds who remain anonymous, according to the unwritten code of the corporate parking garage.  All of your corporate drones know what I'm talking about.

There is one guy who drives a Mercedes convertible roadster.  He appears to be in his fifties, but he is perhaps trying to appear to be 10 years younger.  None of this is particularly noteworthy, as I completely get the desire to have nice things and to project a youthful appearance.  However, I have noticed on several occasions that I can smell his cologne/body spray from about 15 or 20 feet away on a still day when he is walking briskly to the stairwell, and I am perpendicular to his path of travel.

I don't believe I will ever drive to lunch with this fellow.

1 comment:

Mustang Bobby said...

I too get to work early, I too am in my fifties, I too drive a convertible...

I would never, ever, wear cologne. We all remember the Aramis Incident of 1973.