Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Opposite of Progress, Again

On Monday's drive to work, I heard on our local NPR station that Congress had once again snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, and had undealt the payroll tax cut deal.  I thought to myself that perhaps we could get past this gridlock by using the Lysistrata tactic.  Then I thought that with all of the scandals we hear about, perhaps the Lysistrata tactic would be completely ineffective.

Then I laughed out loud when I realized that very few people would have any idea what the Lysistrata tactic was.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny if you google it.

GDad said...

That seems to be the theme. :)

Shay said...

Wouldn't work, GDad. I think it's pretty clear by now that no Republicans ever sleep with their own wives.

GDad said...

Shay, got it in one!