Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Convention Shack

Capital City has a pretty big convention center that is connected to Mega Corporation One via a series of covered walkways and tunnels.  Sometimes, if I'm bored and lucky all at the same time, I'll choose to go to lunch there when an interesting convention is in town.

For the purposes of this entry, please use this guideline.  "Uninteresting" is roughly equivalent to "full of people who could be representative of my current social or professional circles."  Conversely, "interesting" is shorthand for "full of people who are at least one removed from my current professional or social circles."

Today, there was in interesting convention.  It was the Huntin' and Fishin' Extravaganza, with such topics as How to Attract Visitors to your Web Site, How to Drive Actions on your Web Site, and How to Shoot a Buck at Seventy-Five Yards with a Brand X Crossbow.  Needless to say, there was a good mix of people there.

I was over there with coworker Suzi.  When one guy walked by with a laptop bag, a fringed leather jacket, and the middle-aged opera queen affect, I motioned with my eyes and muttered, "What?  Gay IT Daniel Boone over there."

Suzi giggled, looked, and replied, "Let's call that 'role play.'"

No comments: