Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Final!

Friends Baldo and Geekina McNerdy just finalized the adoption of their son, whose name we discussed.  I'll go with Nanonerd.  As he gets older, it will change to Micronerd, Centinerd, Decinerd, then just Nerd.  Although I may stop at Decinerd just to clarify generations.

The judge who presided over the hearing to finalize the adoption was obviously having a ball.  He had that wedding preacher vibe - "We're creating a family... lots of love... blah blah blah... forever."  I wish there were typographical symbols to indicate "humorous paraphrase" rather than "direct quote."

One of the judge's rules was that children, even those who are six months old, must wear shoes.  Some time back, my mom gave me a bag of stuff of mine she had lying around her house - pictures, programs from performing arts things, and some other miscellanea.  One of the items was a pair of baby shoes.

I asked Geekina if she would permit Nanonerd to wear those shoes, because I would be honored to be a part of this in a subtle way.  She said that it would be fine, so Nanonerd was able to wear my shoes that are over 40 years old.  The judge was suitably impressed, and I'm glad I didn't have those shoes bronzed.  Or plastinated.


No comments: