Friday, April 13, 2012

Away to the Window, I Flew Like a Flash

This morning, I got up around 3:30 to use the bathroom, as is usual for me.  After finishing, I got back in bed, and a few seconds later, I heard a big crash.  I leaped up from the bed and ran out into the hallway to check for a sabertooth tiger, dire wolf, or perhaps that troublesome tribe of Neandertals from over the hill.  Once I realized that there were none, and I was able to engage the frontal cortex and look around for the source.

Nothing in the bathroom.

Nothing on the stairs.

Son's room?  The touch-activated lamp formerly on the nightstand was on the floor and turned on.  Evidently, Son stretched out beyond the confines of the bed and had knocked the lamp onto the floor.  Since nothing was broken, I turned it off and went back to bed.

Normally, when I get up around 5:20, I do the ablutions, then turn on Son's light and shut off his fan.  This morning, I moved the lamp back to the nightstand, which of course turned it on.  Generally, this does not wake Son up, but I saw eyes open this morning, and a finger snaked out from the covers and shut off the light.  I turned the light back on and told him that he had knocked it off during the night.  A finger snaked out from the covers and shut off the light again.  At this point, I decided to let the alarm clock handle the situation, and I left for work.

1 comment:

Shay said...

I can loan you a German Shepherd with a really, really cold nose.