Saturday, June 30, 2012

Derecho vs. Rusty

The power went out last night from about 5:30 to about 9:30.  At around 10:00, Rusty called.  Normally, I don't answer the phone after 9:00, but since the weather was all crazy from the (new word alert!) derecho, I decided to answer.  It was neighbor Rusty.  Please note that this has been a very long week, and I am very tired.

Rusty: Hey, did the power come back on?

GDad: Yes.  It came on about a half hour ago.

Rusty: Kath and I went out to dinner.  No use staying home with no power.  Just wanted to know if we should come home.

GDad:  Everything seems to be fine.

Rusty:  OK.  Hey, while I have you on the phone, can you come over sometime this weekend and look at these electronic things I got at a flea market?  I don't know what they do.  The first one...

GDad: Of course.  Give me a call, and I can swing by.

Rusty:  ...looks like some kind of receiver, but I'm really not sure.  The other one is supposed to be a dewuncillator for grobbing flibbets, but I can't make heads nor tails of it.  I got them at...

GDad:  Of course.  Give me a call, and I can swing by.


Rusty: ...this flea market down by Hicksville last week, and I haven't had a chance...


GDad:  Yep, power's back on.

No comments: