Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Letter

To:  Mr. Aviation Instructorman
From: GDad Lastname
Subject: Class Feedback


Aviation,

I just wanted to drop you a note to tell you how much I am enjoying the class, even if I do have a bit of a lost look on my face sometimes.  I also am very impressed with your ability to field the variety of questions that come seemingly out of the blue.  This class is probably the best decision I have made with what to do with my time this summer; Diablo III certainly isn't.

GDad Lastname



The instructor appears to be just out of college, and we have a class that presents some interesting challenges. There are, among others, some giggling girls over in the corner (OMG!!!1!), a crotchety guy who appears to have an engineering background and calls the instructor out whenever the instructor oversimplifies a concept so as not to present challenging math, a mid-20s woman who has a severe case of know-it-all-ism, and my personal favorite, the high school kid who appears to have Asperger's and who asks some of the oddest questions.  Mr. Instructorman has the ability to figure out what he said three minutes ago that prompted the kid's question, and he is able to answer it and tie to the material at hand.  I am pretty impressed.

GPop was in the instructor's manager's office to get some administrative stuff done just after I CCed the manager on the above note, and she was tickled that someone thought to send Mr. Instructorman such feedback, and she did let GPop know that it was Mr. Instructorman's first teaching assignment.

No comments: