Saturday, August 4, 2012

More Silly Questions

The Management wants to spotlight random associates by putting their pictures and self-reported answers to arbitrary questions on the monthly hallway Powerpoint presentations that rotate on the floors in our department.  I answered the questions.  I will either be first up or never up for consideration.  It's hard to tell sometimes.



  1. What team are you on?  The tied-for-best team in MCO – ABC Business Consulting – DEF and XYZTech!
  2. Where did you grow up?  I was raised in Othertown, Midwest State, but I’m not sure I would use past tense for having grown up.
  3. What college did you attend?  My parents graduated from Midwest State University, I was born there, and I graduated from Midwest State U.  Hat trick.
  4. How many children do you have and ages?  I have been blessed, for the past six years, to be the father of a wonderful lad who is now 17.
  5. What are your hobbies?  I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, board games and role-playing games, reading, computer games, motorcycling, and lately, everyone in my family is taking an aviation course with an eye toward getting our pilots’ licenses.
  6. How long have you been employed with Mega Corporation One and also what areas have you worked in?  As of this writing, 14 years, three weeks, and four days.  I’ve worked in Business Line 7 and ABC.
  7. What is your favorite restaurant?  I’m a big fan of The Spaghetti Warehouse.
  8. Favorite sport and favorite professional team?  Quidditch, and The Sweetwater All-Stars.
  9. Do you have any pets?  We have a bearded dragon (Pogona vitticeps) named Jin Long.
  10. What was your first job ever and how old were you?  When I was seventeen, it was a very good year… I had a job moving piles of things from there to here… 
  11. What was your first car?  I had a Dodge Omni hatchback.  I added a small toggle switch labeled DEATH RAY.  Passengers in my car would not believe me that the switch was only glued on.  They always thought it did something sinister.  When the car finally died, I had to lift the back end by hand to let my friend Jeff get the tires off.  That was the heaviest thing I think I ever lifted.
  12. What are three words that describe you best?  Concise.
  13. What would you do if you won $5 million in the lottery?  Take care of my family as best I could, then establish a fund to support some arts and education programs in my community.
  14. If you were an animal what would you be?  I don’t know, probably something in the primate family.  Maybe related to one of the great apes, perhaps in the Homo genus, maybe the sapiens species.
  15. Do you have a hidden talent?  If so, what is it?  I do not; all of my talents are visible.  That is my story, and I am sticking to it.
  16. What’s your favorite way to manage your energy?  I shut off the lights when I leave the room.
  17. What’s your happiest childhood memory?  Hours and hours, spent alone with a book or on my bicycle.  Or with a book on my bicycle.


No comments: