Monday, March 4, 2013

Mischief

Our team has decided that we'll confuse our boss by coming up with folksy sayings that are utter nonsense so that Boss will get confused when trying to figure them out.

"That's like putting masking tape on a horse blanket."

"That's about as useful as butter in a tornado."

"You might as well try to teach opera to an octopus."

A coworker just got a 1978 moped (mo-ped, not past tense of mope) working.  He and I decided that we will start saying, "About as useful as a flux capacitor on a moped."

3 comments:

Shay said...

I'd go with "As useful as a flux capacitor on a Pope-Toledo," myself.

GDad said...

I don't know that I'd ever heard of a Pope-Toledo before, but you and Wikipedia have edu-ma-cated me.

Shay said...

You need to read more James Thurber.